13 February, 2010

Five In A Row



Well I am geeked to say that I am now a F I A Rower- This curriculum has appealed to me for some time now and I really think it will be a big burden off of me. I am using it as a supplement, I do not think it is adequate to stand alone although some people do I suppose. Our first book was "The Story of Ping". Not a book I would choose at all but let me tell you it did the trick. After reading about it for 3 days (not 5) Carly really enjoyed it and we were able to get a reading comp, vocab, math and geography lesson out of it. We still need to do the Art for this but that is the least of my worries. I started with Volume 1 to break us in and also so that Taylor might feel compelled to join us..I found a way to buy only the teachers book and if I can not find the book at the library I will order from Amazon-still much cheaper than ordering from the FIAR Co. So yay for us, we are now "rowing" as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment