28 September, 2009

Monday Sept 28 Fall Nature Walk Charles Park

So we were all geared up for a busy week of school when we were invited to one of my favorite parks. Since I did not want to turn down the invite, I thought of a way to combine park time with school.
Since we do not have seasons here in Florida and I wanted to do a Unit Study on Fall. I decided to do a Fall Nature Hike-We collected leaves, pine cones, flowers, shells, twigs and anything else they could find.

Later in the week we will either paste them
onto something like a birdhouse or piece of wood or simply press them between two pieces of contact paper and make placemats.

All in all, we had a great day with our friends. I can not wait until playground/park weather. I heard today we are getting a cold front this week- all the way down to the mid 80's brrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment