02 October, 2009

Mermaids October 2, 2009


Oh How we love Mermaids. I am very excited that when I bring out a book for myself to plan for a unit-study that Mr and Mrs Nosey Body always need to know what I am doing and then they get interested as well. We have a great book called "The Secret World of Mermaids". I love this book, it tells of how a young girl created a journal of pieces of "proof" that her Aunt collected about Mermaids-mermaid scales, jewelry, notes written from sailors who reported they saw mermaids in the deep blue sea. In one chapter it states that perhaps Manatees evolved from Mermaids-How cool is that. Of course that is just a myth but let's go with it for a bit. Anyway I thought that that would be a great lead in to our next Unit Study of Manatees. Look for Mermaids and Manatees-coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment